This is NOT an endorsement for Vodafone. I don’t like this company personally because I find them stupid. And arrogant. And zombified.
But this is not to deny their brilliant marketing tactics. I haven’t come across a better product marketing in India (as far as telecom is concerned) than Vodafone India. On their main web site, although full of “flashturbation”, but nevertheless, gets the prospective customer to wade in through the “3g effect”. Great stuff.
The above advertisement is on roll; I haven’t seen any reactions so far elsewhere but thats the way it is.
Although it has been under a lot of soup regarding alleged “financial irregularities”, still Vodafone (Essar) has managed to pull through without much controversy. There also has been a lot of news about gains in “shift of customers through Mobile Number Portability” (MNP), but I don’t have hard core data.
All the more, it remains to be seen as to how vodafone unlocks the customer’s wallets for it’s 3G. I don’t have any information about it’s plans but it unlikely to go in for any predatory pricing as of now. For all I care, on it’s post paid plans, it charges over 10p/10 kb which is ridiculous. Although I am on Tata Docomo (I find it adequate for my light needs), pre-apid is the way to go.
Lets see how this plays out in the long run. See it for yourself!
- Spat Delaying Vodafone’s India Tower Assets Sale (online.wsj.com)
- UPDATE 1-Vodafone objects to Essar Telecom’s reverse listing (reuters.com)
- UPDATE 3-Vodafone wins ground in Indian jv tussle -sources (reuters.com)
- UPDATE 1-India Essar says Vodafone trying to force it out of JV (reuters.com)
- Vodafone in Spat With Indian Partner (pcworld.com)
- Vodafone-Essar Spat Intensifies (online.wsj.com)
- “Watch Live ICC World Cup Cricket Match on Vodafone Mobile At Rs.7″ and related posts (telecomtalk.info)
- Vodafone’s Indian Nightmare (online.wsj.com)
- Vodafone Ordered to Pay $554 Million Deposit to Indian Court (dailyfinance.com)
- Vodafone releases ZooZoo 3G Superman (thump.in)
- V3.co.uk readers angry at Vodafone response to network outage (v3.co.uk)