I have cleaned up the sidebar; unfortunately, in it’s prior avatar, it was rather bland. Changes were made to the tag cloud and a category cloud has been added.
One of the major changes in the side bar is addition of Duckduckgo as the default search engine for this site. I have been using it extensively over the past few months and I recommend it thoroughly. I have been in touch with it’s developer, who’s put in his own money and has interesting ideas that are being implemented. My only concern about not using other search engines is the opaque policies on privacy and building up an online user profile to track down the individual customer. The technology isn’t perfect but a major impetus on social network has it downsides.
I am a big fan of RSS; I can’t imagine my life without it. Flipboard and other news readers have gained prominence in recent times, are all RSS readers. Unfortunately, a reader is as good as dead; I haven’t seen any major revamp of Google Reader as yet. I do have some ideas panned out about an ideal RSS reader (namely extraction of data and analyzing and categorizing data in real time), but there has been no development of late. (The only example that comes to my mind is Mutt, but it does not have a GUI front end and it’s terminal interface appeals to it’s users so it’s static there). Feed Daemon is a great client for Windows but I don’t use it so it’s disappointment again.
Nevertheless, now you can have RSS feeds for each category listed. The default has been applied after the revamp so you would get to see it more prominently on the cloud.
I haven’t updated “About” page so a cleaning there is also warranted.
The idea is to make it easier to port OUT the content; rather than the people coming on to the main site. Please email me in case you find any problems in accessing the content since I have extensively checked the implementation on my side.
- Clean up (broadbandblog.in)
- i*Pad App Recommendations: News (jezlyn.wordpress.com)
- RSS Feeds (cnstumors.wordpress.com)
- Flipboard gains Instagram integration, is now twice as fast (9to5mac.com)
- RSS and social media icons (airodysseynet.wordpress.com)
- Flipboard: Threat and Opportunity (mondaynote.com)
- Wanted: A Smarter Alternative To Flipboard (fastcompany.com)
- All the loveRSS (talkaboutlocal.org.uk)
- RSS readers in decline? (e1evation.com)
- RSS Lenin’s Rope (abcrsstest.wordpress.com)
- Apologies to RSS readers (andrewphelps.com)
- [Insite] Making the most of RSS: readers reviewed (journalism.co.uk)
- Will Social Readers end-up like RSS Readers? (eqentia.com)
- Goo To End RSS Reader And Movie Sharing Service (asiajin.com)
- 5 Best RSS Reader apps for iPhone, iPad (madrasgeek.com)
- DuckDuckGo Brings Private Searching And Zero Click Results To Android (androidpolice.com)
- DuckDuckGo – The Next Major Search Engine? (appreaders.com)
- Google’s New Search Layout Test: Borrowing From Blekko & DuckDuckGo? (searchenginewatch.com)
- SeatGeek Powers Artist Listings For DuckDuckGo (seatgeek.com)
- How to use Web and Twitter feeds for news surveillance (pandia.com)
- Flipboard To Release New Version Thursday: Here\’s What\’s New [PICS] (huguesrey.wordpress.com)
- FlipBoard versus Zipe: Two FREE iPad Apps to Read Social Updates the Magazine-Style (searchenginejournal.com)
- DuckDuckGo Adds Yelp, The Free Dictionary To Search Results (searchengineland.com)
- Blekko (broadbandblog.in)
- Why People Use DuckDuckGo Over Other Search Engines (businessinsider.com)
- Wolfram|Alpha & DuckDuckGo Conspire to Eat Google’s Lunch (searchenginewatch.com)
- How DuckDuckGo is fighting an 800 lb gorilla (Video interview with Founder) (thestartupfoundry.com)
- Two “Google Killers” Form Partnership (webpronews.com)
- How to create a Tag Cloud (trytotakeover.wordpress.com)
- Add Tag Clouds to SERPs with Search Cloudlet (blogs.sitepoint.com)