Well, it could be the big news. I have always felt about the lackadaisical coverage in the Indian media about Broadband. If a ‘media watch’ blog is right, this could well explain why media hasn’t run after the Government of the day; chasing it like a mad dog running after a car.
Not so long ago, a much-feared Indian publisher who shall go unnamed wanted the broadband expansion in India to be slowed down because, well, it would woo readers away from his newspaper to the world wide web.
However, Times of India has a vested interest to promote Broadband now. In a blatant attempt to publicize it’s web property (a cesspool of stinking crap called as Indiatimes), it has carried a series of “news” mentioning about why “Cricket is fun online”. Of course, it’s juvenile attempt from Times but important nevertheless. Their attempts are going to face an iron wall of crap connectivity on Indian soil.
One word. Assholes.
- Mobile Content: Where the f*** it is? (broadbandblog.in)
- 11 million broadband subscribers in India: Nov 2010 (mahesh.com)
- Rural Internet usage on rise in India, will this help language usage? (mahesh.com)
- ‘Fastest’ broadband faces test (lv.com)
- Broadband statistics in India for 2010 (mahesh.com)
- Indian Media & Entertainment Industry crosses USD 14 bn, advertising spends grow by 17%! (trak.in)
- Slow broadband problematic for business insurance holders? (premierlinedirect.co.uk)
- Surprise, Surprise! India among the top 3 in the world in broadband growth! (trak.in)